Sunday, August 22, 2004

Thanks, Airport Lady

After spending a great portion of my morning crying, I took Kelly to the airport. This event invoked more crying. As I drove out of the airport I stopped at the little window to pay for parking. The lady at the window asked me why I had been crying (because at that point I had dried my tears). I reinstated my crying as I explained it was because I had just dropped my fiance off at the airport to go back home. She was instantly sympathetic. She asked how old we were and reassured me that he would come back. I told her I knew he would. She looked at me and said, "Honey, he loves you. He'll come back."

And so I want to thank her for being so nice and for comforting me from her ticket booth at a time when I needed a loving voice. I know she was just telling me what she assumed I wanted to hear, but I know what she said was true and it was so nice to hear the assurance at that time.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.