Monday, August 02, 2004

The Coolest Night Ever

Part of the reason I came to LA (other than to visit Bethany)was to see Lisa Loeb play a concert at the Greek Theatre. And I did that last night.

Brya dropped us off at the theatre around 6:30. I was totally thrilled because I knew I was within breathing room of Lisa. We ate some dinner and then headed over to the souvenir table. Her new album, The Way It Really Is, doesn't come out until August 10, but I purchased it last night. Then we went to our seats, but decided to move closer and steal someone else's seats until they came to claim them. They never did, so we just got to sit there until the end of the concert. When she came out and started singing, I couldn't help it but cry a few tears. I've been wanting to see her in concert for ten years now! It was so amazing to hear her voice in person; it was so beautiful!

After the concert I went to get her autograph. She hugged me and allowed Bethany to take a picture with her using the contraband camera I smuggled into the joint. I can't wait to see the photo!

We had planned to walk from the theatre down the hill to the commercial area and take a cab home. Instead, this limo driver cat called us and when we didn't ignore him he offered to drive us down the hill. Well, he ended up driving us nearly the entire way home before flagging down a city bus for us to ride the rest of the way. He was totally nice, but a little odd. He told us how he'd just gotten his doctorate in divinity but then also let us know about his penchant for S&M. It was interesting. So for his generosity, here's a shout out to Skip the limo driver.

When we got back to Venice we went to the karaoke bar again and I had my first official accidental LA star sighting. Andy Dick was sitting about four feet from me up at the bar. Not a huge fan or anything, but it was still cool. And in case you're wondering what he looks like in person...Well, the same as he does on television.

If only I could see a prostitute before I leave, my entire LA experience will be complete...

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.