Monday, August 30, 2004

My New Umbrella

Moving from the desert, I did not own an umbrella. I do now.

After class today I was walking back to the graduate apartments with two girls from class when monsoon rains began pelting us from all directions. They both had and umbrella and one of them shared with me, but in the end we were all three completely soaked. It appears as though this is the sort of weather that I have to look forward to for a while, since there are a few tropical storms and hurricanes moving through my neighborhood.

It is a little exciting for me because it doesn't really rain in Boise. I tried explaining this to the girl from Detroit. She was in a state of disbelief because in Detroit it apparently rains all the time. She asked me how a climate can be maintained without rain. I introduced her to the concept of a desert.

So I went this afternoon and purchased for myself my very own umbrella.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.