Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Gripes

I just need to complain for one second. Or for however many seconds it takes me.

Before doing so, however, let me preface the complaints with this: I love where I live and with whom I live. There, I said it.

There are things I dramatically despise about living here. Such as the following:

* I do the dishes most every day. Not a big deal because I don't really mind doing them. However, it seems as though whenever someone else decides to do them, I have to redo most of them because they don't get clean. And, when I set them out to dry, with the mouth of the glass facing down so that the water can drip out of the bottoms of the glasses, someone comes around behind me and turns them right-side-up. I do not understand this behavior.

* From my room, I can hear every noise in the apartment. This is really only a concern in the mornings when I am trying to sleep past, oh, say 8 o'clock and everyone else is up and moving. The noises I am privy to at that hour are cupboards slamming shut, heavy feet running up and down the hallway, a squealing blow dryer, the heavy thudding slam of the front door catching the lock and ice cubes being dropped into large plastic water containers.

* The temperature outside will be around 75 degrees or higher with around 75% humidity, which makes the heat all that much less tolerable. Someone in my apartment thinks it is a good idea to then set the thermostat anywhere from 73-85 degrees.

* I do not have the luxury of walking around naked whenever and wherever I so desire. Ever.

* My bed is a lousy, standard institutional issue, twin bed with a plastic cover, similar to the plastic cover you would place on the bed of your bed-wetting child. I have no idea how many people have slept on my bed in the past, but is high enough of a number to have squeezed any comfort out of it into a soggy mess on the floor, only to be absorbed by the concrete.

* All the furniture is tough, difficult and hard on your back, including all the living room furniture and desk chairs too.

* One of my roommates, I swear, has not progressed in her thinking to realize that she is not an undergrad any more.

Well I think that's all for now. Maybe one of these days I'll make a list of all the reasons I love it here - because I honestly do - but today is just not that day.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.