Wednesday, September 15, 2004

continued...

I just reread my last post on family and I have something to add. I see the term "in-law" as being very similar to "step," but I don't feel the same way about it. As in, I don't dislike the term. I do, however, wonder where it came from and how it came into existence because inherently it doesn't make all that much sense ("step" doesn't, either). I also greatly dislike the social connotation of that word because it is so negative. People complain all the time about their lousy in-laws. Here's something I don't completely understand...Why would you marry someone if you didn't like their family? They are inevitably influenced and therefore at least on some degree a product of their family. So do you complain about your spouse as frequently as you complain about your spouse's family? I should hope not because that is an unhealthy relationship. Just for the record, I love Kelly's family, so you know I'm not talking about myself here. Just random people I know...

On a completely unrelated note, I've become quite fond of overusing adverbs in my colloquial writing lately. Blah. I'm disappointed in myself for that.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.