Saturday, September 18, 2004

Dreams

I've been having a lot of vivid dreams lately. When I have a night full of these, I have a difficult time waking up in the morning. It's almost like my brain has a tough time convincing itself that it is living in reality again, probably because it spent all night trying to decide what exactly was real and what was figmented.

Dreams lately have included a lot of random things. Two nights ago I dreamt I was pregnant. Last night I dreamt I was visiting Kelly at work. The only reason I was able to figure out that it wasn't real was because his office was in a house near my grandmother's house. I also dreamt last night that I was a third grade teacher but my classroom was in Hannah's bedroom and Hannah lived with my mom. Throughout these dreams, no matter how odd the situation, I can wake up knowing that what just happened was real. I woke up after dreaming about Kelly and was startled to find that he wasn't here with me because in the dream I could feel him and smell him as real as if he actually was here and I was awake. And in some of the dreams I will have discussions and debates with other people in the dream, trying to decide if this is a dream or not. It is exhausting.

If anyone knows some good dream resources, like websites or books, please share them with me. I know that dreams this lucid are rare, especially when they happen so frequently, so I would like to read some research about the phenomenon.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.