Thursday, September 23, 2004

Changes

I've made some changes on my to do list. First of all, I have removed the item "knit myself a purse" because it is done. I plan on procuring for myself a digital camera long enough to take a photograph of said purse so that I may post said photograph on my blog for the world to see. I think it turned out rather well, but I'm biased. I also removed the line item "run a 5K" and replaced it with "become an aerobics instructor" because I've decided that running, while good excercise and a good time, isn't nearly as enjoyable to me as aerobics. This is why I will start training to be an aerobics instructor next week. I think I changed something else on there too, but at this point I can't remember what.

I'm thinking about changing the appearance of my blog. On my computer it looks pink and I don't know that I'm a huge fan of that. I've never really been a huge fan of that. Not because I don't like pink (because I do), but just because it is supposed to be more of an orange-peach color.

I've realized that there have been a lot of huge changes in my life in the last year. Perhaps an on-looker could aptly tell me "DUH" at that statement, but looking from the inside out, I just guess I don't realize it.

I still don't think of myself as officially "grown up." I think I know why. I figured out for my sister Janessa recently that I am beginning my 20th consecutive year of school this semester. I am 23 years old, doing the same activity every day that I have been doing since I was four years old. I love school, don't get me wrong, and the school I'm doing today is a far cry from the school I did 20 years ago, but it is still the same basic activity. I'm really preparing myself for that to change as well. I look forward to not having homework and having work clothes that look professional and match my stylish selection of dress shoes and adorning myself each morning in this attire before taking myself to the building that houses my career - that which I have spent approximately 90% of my life in preparation for. I think that's what Paul meant in that part in the Bible where he's talking about being a child and doing childish things but doing adult things as an adult. Paul changed his activities to match his age. I'd be willing to wager that he didn't go to school for 20 years, which is why he was able to call himself an adult. So much of my life is still dictated by school, the same way it was when I was 15 and the same way it was when I was seven. I don't regret going to school and I can't say that I won't ever go back to school, but, well, I'm just saying.

There will come a time for change and I will appreciate it when it comes.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.