Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Kelly and I leave Boise for Portland, where he is from. I am anticipating an awesome time with awesome company.

As a side note, I want to express how much it means to have the support of those who's opinions matter to you (me). I recently told a certain somebody about a situation in my life and the way with which it was handled. It was handled in a way that worked really well for myself and the other people involved, as it was a decision that we could agree on and one that made the involved parties happy. Her response was massive disappointment. Rather than letting me know how she would have handled it differently, simply alterting me to the alternative possibilities she saw, she told me she was disappointed in me. She said she thought I had been juvenilistic and couldn't have handled it worse. She had not a single positive thing to say, even something along the lines of "Well, even though I think you're stupid and completely disagree, I'm glad it worked out in your favor." I could not believe her audacity and blatant rudeness. Her opinion didn't change my own perception - if anything it made me believe more firmly that I was right - but I still just could not believe it. Isn't part of loving someone also supporting them? Isn't tact a better method of conveying opinions than outright criticism?

Besides, the incident had already passed so it isn't like she was going to alter any actions by opening her mouth and insulting me in the process.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.