Thursday, June 10, 2004

More Bugs

I am also going to mention what's going on with my brother, since that's the most recent thing in life to piss me off.

So the slacker didn't graduate three weeks ago like he was supposed to. He has failed so many classes. Here's the catch: it's really no big deal and he could just get his GED except for the fact that he has enlisted in the Navy and they just need for him to graduate with his diploma before they'll let him do anything. And right now, they really, really want him. So much so that they are giving him any job he wants at any duty station he wants with a $7,000 signing bonus, all of which he'll lose if he can't go in September and the only thing keeping him from going in September is the whole diploma thing.

He's been "working on" a correspondence class for an English class he failed in 10th grade for the last year. I could easily have had this work done in a week; it isn't difficult stuff. Plus, he's taking three summer school classes this summer. And this correspondence class was due last month; except for the fact that mom filed for an extension so he has another three months.

Oh, it gets better. Chuck has never had a job. My mom pays for everything. And now she has also purchased for him a crappy vehicle so he can get to summer school and she's planning on paying for his insurance. She has to because he doesn't have a job to pay for it on his own.

She says that she helps me too and it isn't a big deal. I agree with this and I thoroughly appreciate the fact that she does help me. The thing that she doesn't seem to understand (and the true stem of my frustration) is the difference between helping me out (someone with a high school diploma, two college degrees and an extensive work history) and completely supporting my brother.

I've always wondered how it is that people can live with their parents long into adulthood (ie 45 years old). Now I know how that happens. It happens with people like my brother who have parents like my mother.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.