Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Portland

Kelly and I got back from Portland last night. What an amazing vacation! We took our time driving, just enjoying each other's company. We went all over downtown Portland, to Saturday market and a gargantuan bookstore. We stayed in a hotel that used to be an elementary school. We visited with a bunch of his family members. We saw the current exhibit at the Portland Art Museum. We ate dinner at a Lebanese restaurant. We encountered a drag show. We went to a play. We took a million pictures. It was truly one of the most incredible trips I've ever taken. I didn't worry about anything there or at home. No one called and nothing went wrong (like the tire blowing up on the side of the freeway, as is known to happen when I'm on a road trip). We were able to spend the entire time together just having fun and doing whatever whimsical ideas popped into our heads as something that would be amusing. I must have thanked him a million times on the trip for giving me this trip as my graduation present and for putting it all together and making it the best trip ever, but I don't think one more time will hurt any. Thank you, Kelly.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.