Monday, June 21, 2004

Love

I've encountered an eye opening experience lately that has blessed me with the ability to see love and beauty more readily. After this, everywhere I look I see so much more beauty than I ever have. I guess I never realized how important beauty was to me until this, or even what beauty meant. For me, it is more than vanity, more than looking nice. It is more like a quality. It is the way light reflects off ordinary objects, providing a natural aspect to what we normally take for granted. The quality of beauty is internal, something to see everywhere and with everything, from a beautiful friend who looks like a portrait of a Renaissance cherub to an overly tan, overly skinny man drinking a beer on his porch across the street.

The best part about this was that I was able to experience this awakening with Kelly and through this experience I gained such a larger appreciation for my love of him. On some level, we understand each other so much better. It's a surreal level, one I never knew existed. We just look at each other and we know. We know without words. It is amazing.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.