Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Unemployment

I can understand why unemployment rates are high in some areas. It is because obtaining a job is probably one of the worst times of a person's life. It is difficult to find places that are hiring at a decent wage, it is awful filling out applications and making sure all the right people get a copy of your resume, and waiting for someone to do something as simple as call you back is miserable. I have turned in at least 15 applications between the school district, the two hospitals in town, the city, the state, and random places from the newspaper. I wish I could just get it through to these people that I'm the type of person they want as an employee. I'm well-mannered, educated, punctual and honest. I learn quickly, handle stress well and can multi-task like nobody's business. I have myriad experiences working with people and in customer service positions, know computer systems, and adjust easily to my environment. I rarely ask for time off and I almost never call in sick. I take care of myself and I'm always well dressed. What else are they looking for? How am I not portraying all this through my applications? Maybe I should just turn this in as a personal statement in lieu of a resume in the future. I need to do something better as a selling point.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.