Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Goodbye Princess, Hello New Home, Goodbye Striving Actor, Hello Wedding Politics

I've linked to two new blogs in my side bar - Julie and Jessie. I don't really know these girls; I only know what they write on their blogs. I read them often and enjoy them both, so I've decided that I should just link to them here so I can share them with other people. The only thing that saddens me is that there's no more princess...But it's a little sacrifice for the embetterment of my blog and its affiliates.

---

If you didn't get that, "Kelly" used to follow "Grace" in my blog list, so it read "Grace Kelly." She was a princess. Now there's two "J" names in there. So now "Grace" and "Kelly" are separated.

---

Kelly and I broke ground on our new home Friday. We started painting one of our living rooms. Yes, we have two. And it's a pain. It's tan and green. We like it. Now we need new furniture.

---

An ex-somethingorother called me a couple nights ago around 2 a.m. I can only imagine why. I told him I was married. He didn't know what to say. So he told me "congratulations" and "that's awesome" about eighty times and then told me about how we'll he's doing on the actor's circuit in Hollywood. None of which I believe. Somehow it felt really good to tell him I've moved on and that I don't think of him any more and that someone else makes me happy in a way he never has and would never be able to. I didn't tell him all that; it was more implied. But he understood. And he didn't know what to say.

---

I went to a wedding show this weekend with Kelly and my mom. I say it like that intentionally because the two of them were more excited about it than I was. Kelly handled all the planning and talking with people. I was merely there to sign up for stuff and be labeled as the "bride." There was a fashion show that afternoon, before which the MC asked "Who here is getting married?" Kelly enthusiastically raised his hand and took my hand up with him. Her next question was "Who here is a groom?" That upset Kelly, because they were asked separately, as if to divide the population. He thought it was sexist. I told him everything about weddings is sexist.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.