Sunday, January 02, 2005

Our

It has recently been brought to my attention that I am fooling myself about my relationship with Kelly. I don't doubt the possibility of this being true, but I also think that I have many reasons not to believe it. My first reason is that in August of 2004, Kelly proposed to me. In other words, he asked me to marry him. Since then, we have both been telling each other how we're looking forward to spending the rest of our lives together, I've moved in with him, and we've purchased a new bed together (read: both of us). Additionally, we have a marriage certificate in our shared bedroom with both our names on it as well as a wedding date set for this May. These things, in my mind, point to the fact that marriage is in our stars. And since marriage is something that has, to me, always meant that lives, possessions, dreams, etc. would be shared among the couple, I assumed the same to be true for the two of us. And thus far, the majority of people we've come in contact with seem to believe us. We received communal Christmas cards and presents from friends and family members, people invite us both to do things with them and we're always being asked about our wedding plans.

In other news, this previous weekend, Kelly and I went to McCall and spent a couple nights in a cabin up there. We went up with Matt, Jaime and Mike - all friends of Kelly's from college who, since Kelly and I started dating, have become my friends as well. It was a perfect way to bring in the new calendar year. It has been quite a while since I've seen that much snow...There was already at least a foot of it on the ground when we got there and it snowed the majority of the two days we were there. In the town a bunch of trees had colored lights on them, which looked incredibly beautiful covered in the white snow. We also had beer cheese soup. Mmmm. I'm going to look for a recipe and maybe make it for supper tomorrow.

Kelly and I are starting to work on redecorating parts of our house. Nick and Laura, two of our roomies, are fixing to move out this month into a place of their own, so that will give us more space to work with. We're going to miss them a bunch, but I think that this will be good for all of us. They've been together for five years but haven't lived together until living here, so their own space will be a great step for them. Plus, this house isn't fit for five adults to coincide here. It's a grown-up thing to do, I think...This whole "living together" thing...And the coming together of property, lives and responsibilities. I'm excited for them because I think they will love the added privacy and space their own apartment will afford them. They are an amazing couple with a bond many couples never attain. From here, they can only grow.

Ah...And now I'm off to clean up the bedroom. When I unpacked I sort of just left a lot of stuff all over the place. Add to that all our gifts and other things we've accumulated over the previous two weeks and you have chaos. A chaos worthy of driving me insane. And, as Tera says, it's a short drive. So I'm off to make myself happy with some organizing. The bliss of it all...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.