Monday, October 18, 2004

The Un-Perm

I sat in my bathtub tonight squeezing the contents of the little white bottle all over my hair and combing it through to the ends. The chemicals dripped all over my naked body as I waited the ten minutes it took to complete the transformation process. As usual, a handful of wet hair gathered about me through the combing process and entwined itself across my fingers, clinging to my arms and the sides of the tub. Next to me on the bath mat were the tools of the trade: hair clips, a mirror, an extra comb, scissors and the empty box.

Finally the wait was up. I stood, closed the curtain, and rinsed my hair in lukewarm water for three minutes. It felt coarse like straw and I was unimpressed.

After the three minutes I emptied the contents of bottle number two onto my head and combed through my straw-hair for five minutes. My hair began to feel less like straw. Then I rinsed again under lukewarm water, rinsed conditioner through my hair, turned off the water and cleaned up my mess of hair and emptied containers and hair clips.

I now have straight hair.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.