Thursday, October 14, 2004

Hightlights From My Trip Home Last Week

* Spending tons of time with Kelly and my family.

* I hung out one afternoon with Patri and her crazy family bought me lunch at Pollo Rey. Mmmm...

* The weather was beautiful and not at all humid.

* I spent some time in the BSU library to do research for my group therapy class. It was better than attempting research here because I'm familiar with the library and its computer system.

* My brother's 10th birthday was a lot of fun to help out with. Kelly thought it would be a good idea to get the kid a movable basketball hoop for his birthday. Turns out, the man was right. TJay loved it and has been playing b-ball since.

* My mom, sister and I went clothes shopping. Janessa was in dire need of some more adult clothes since she's not in elementary school any more. I was given a few hours to be Fashion Dictator of the World, which I love. Well, OK, maybe not of the world, but definitely of what Janessa took into the changing room.

* There was a night of hanging out and drinking with two of Kelly's close friends, Josh and Russ. I don't know them very well yet, but I had a great time and learned a lot about them both.

* Lunch with my dad, an old tradition. A day of fun with Tera, a newer tradition.

* Monday, Kelly and I accomplished a ton around the house. This involved me raking the entire yard, resulting in about 10 bags of leaves.

* Saturday, Kelly and I went and saw Napoleon Dynamite, which I highly, highly recommend. It is "smart" funny and just all around enjoyable.

* The night after I came into town my family had dinner in Chuck's honor because he has finally completed high school and has reinlisted in the Navy.

* Kelly and I met Patri for a debate dinner at a friend of her's house. We threw Cheerio's at the TV screen for every stupid thing said by our incumbent.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.