Monday, February 14, 2005

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

Ah...There are so many chart-toppers for this list!

One that comes to mind is a genuine "You are the cutest puppy ever!" I've never been a huge pet fan for more than a couple days at a time - and that was when the pet was new and exciting and living in my house by someone else's decision, usually a parent. Radley's been here for only four days now, but I can still tell him positive things and mean it and be cuddling or petting him at the same time. It's a big deal, I think, considering that I've also already started complaining about what a pain it is to have a pet...We have to put him outside, make sure he has somewhere to sleep, feed him, take him places, make sure he's well exercised...The list goes on and on.

Here's another one: "No! Chewing on the door frame is bad!" Being a puppy, Radley feels it necessary to chew on things. He's really good about not chewing on our things, but rather sticking to his toys. Except for the door frame in our bedroom, which Kelly installed last summer. For some reason, Radley has found that particular door frame a delicacy.

I suppose those are the big ones, but I'm certain more will come up in time.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.