Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Snip Snip

I took Radley to the vet this morning for the standard puppy shots and responsible dog owner procedure of having him neutered. I was really excited to take him in because he'll be so subdued tonight when we bring him home. Kelly said I was looking forward too much to having our dog drugged up. When I took him in, because he was a stray (and is apparently from what the ladies at the desk could tell a pure bredpointer around 4 months old), they scanned him for a microchip. Since he didn't have one, though, we're putting one in him so we can really claim that he's ours. When I was leaving him, I felt like I was leaving my baby. I had explained to him in the car that I was only leaving him there for the day and that the doctors were nice people who would take very good care of him and that Kelly would pick him up this evening, but I still felt a sad sense of abandon in just leaving him there. I think I may have almost felt better waiting in the lobby for them to be through with him.

But that passed after I drove away and the reality that he is a dog in the good hands of a skilled professional rushed back to me. In the meantime, I'm making sure he'll be comfy and a little spoiled tonight when he comes home.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.