Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I Always Wanted To Be A Flight Attendant

I unsuspectingly stepped out of the miniature version of a half-bathroom into a closet-size space occupied by two men.

"You gonna pass out peanuts?" the shorter man asked. He pointed to the basket of shiney, logo-covered peanut packages.

Willing to go along with him, I replied confidently. "Sure!"

I don't think either he or the taller man were expecting me to actually respond. I would imagine that if he's ever done that before, people stare at him and bumble some sort of attempt at a response.

"All right," he said.

I picked up the basket. "Are you serious? Because if you are, I'm doing it."

"Yea I'm serious," he said. "Come on, we can do it together."

He passed out peanuts in the ABC seats while I took care of the DEF seats. We passed by my travel companion, that also unsuspecting man in my life, in his aisle seat. He looked up me twice, but quickly returned to his magazine.

The shorter man asked questions about my trip - why I was going and had I been there before. I told him to visit family and yes. A woman around row 12 in an E seat asked me if she could use her laptop now. I granted her permission.

Both men offered my travel companion and myself an on-the-house beverage for my labor. We thanked them, but just ordered water.

After returning to my seat, the taller man brought my water. Half way through enjoying the contents of that plastic cup I decided I was getting hungry and thought a snack would be good about then. That was when I realized it. I didn't grab peanuts for myself.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.