Thursday, February 03, 2005

I Want To Write Something Good

I want to write something today that will make me happy to have written it. The thing is, I don't have much to write about. Not a whole lot of activity takes place in my life on a daily basis any more. My interactions with people are limited as well. No school, no job. I've spent this morning working on my Boise State graduate assistant application. I am bored with filling out applications at this point. Name...Address...Phone number...Social security number...Names underwhich you were previously employed...Days available to work...Qualities that make you a stellar person...Brag so we think we may want to hire you...Tell us why you want to work here (basically suck up to us and tell us about the wonderful opportunities we'll give you, being the incredible and fascinating company we are)...Signature...Date. Email, fax, mail or bring your application to the following address. Call us next week to follow up. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I was thinking about this the other day: How cool would it be if businesses didn't actually look for work experience if you'd been in school? They could look at your application and see that you were in school and unemployed and they would be elated because you were concentrating on procuring an education rather than being distracted by a job with work politics and stress and early morning or late night shifts. And that would be highly valued.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.