Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Rain

It has been raining non-stop here for over a week now. This is very uncharacteristic weather for Boise at any time of the year, but especially during May when it is usually beautiful and sunny out. Kelly and I hope that the rain will go away within the next two weeks so that everything here is sunny and green (from all the rain) when our friends and family come for the wedding.

On a happy note, Kelly can't mow the lawn while it's so wet and rainy. It isn't so happy for him, because he actually wants to mow the lawn, or the lawn, which is swiftly turning into a mild jungle that will soon overtake our house, but I see humor in the situation. He's agitated at not being able to mow and that makes me giggle because I hate mowing. I did it once about three years ago and I never want to again. Kelly and I talked recently about what would change around the house if he weren't here (this is when we were thinking that there may be a possibility he would have to go to Iraq, Inc. again). I told him I would have to get my brother over here every week to mow the lawn. He said something to the effect that I could just do it myself. I laughed. See, mowing the lawn is a happy subject with lots of laughter in it for me.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.