Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Eating Habits

Sometimes Kelly disagrees with my eating habits. For instance, I ate a banana and drank skim milk for breakfast. When he came home for lunch I told him I didn't feel like eating. It was true, but he frowned at me. This afternoon I went to the grocery store to purchase something to eat. I didn't really know what I wanted when I went in, but by the time I came out I possessed that which I knew would fulfill me. I came straight home and opened that can of roast beef hash, fried it up and ate nearly the entire thing. I anticipate another frown, if not a look of disgust. Usually I eat balanced meals with fresh veggies and lean cuts of meat. I love soy milk and tofu. I don't regularly eat sugary treats or drink alcohol. Just every once in a while I like a can of meat, like we used to eat all the time when I was a kid. It is disgusting, I know, and I will be the first to admit it. But sometimes I can't deny that that's what I need to fill the unknown craving within. Who else do you know would be just as happy with a can of vienna sausages and some $2 gas station wine as a plate of Alaskan king crab, tall glass of mountain fresh water and creme brulee for dessert?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.