Tuesday, May 31, 2005

May 29, 2005

I won't remember what color the chairs were. I won't remember what anyone else wore, the way the napkins were folded or exactly how things were arranged in the room.

What I will remember is the way it felt to dance with Kelly at the end of the night surrounded by a circle of our friends and family swaying with us to the music. I will remember the sea of faces that met me the first time we walked into the room. I will remember the compliments on the dress, the ceremony, the vows, the party and on Kelly and I together. I will remember the hugs. I will remember crying while reciting the vows I worked so hard on so that I could convey just the right message to Kelly in front of everyone we know. I will remember being awe-stricken with our friends who helped in ways we will probably never know.

I will remember noticing the important things of the day and being glad that I didn't get stuck in the planning process worrying over things like what color the tablecloths would be. I trusted those decisions to our friends and family and the people we were paying and they did a great job.

It was magical and completely perfect.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.