Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Jealousy Rears Its Ugly Head

A couple days ago I was able to spend time with my friend Jeni. Jeni recently had a baby. Her name is Taylor and her birthday is April 7. She is an Aries. Personally, I hope none of my children are born under a fire sign (such is Aries) because Kelly and I are water and earth signs, respectively, which doesn't work well with fire signs. But Jeni's an Aquarius which is an air sign and works well with fire.

That's not the point. Jeni and I had lunch and then she and Taylor came over to the house with me. Jeni sat and visited for a few hours and let me hold Taylor for a while. And now the point: my dog was jealous. He did not like me holding that baby. He tried to crawl up on my lap to sniff her out and growled softly at her when she moved her little legs. He was very attentive to the fact that I was holding this small thing he'd never come in contact with before. When I handed Taylor back to her mother, Radley insisted that I pet him, as if to brush away his fear of being replaced.

I told him he didn't have to worry, that there wouldn't be a baby in this house permanently until he was an old man.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.