Monday, December 13, 2004

Finito

Well, everything is done. I just took my one final exam (and nearly fell asleep while taking it) and everything is turned in and everything is all packed up. Tonight I'm finishing the purse that I knit for Surita yesterday and I'm SLEEPING. Tomorrow we're having a nice, big brunch for all our buds at our apartment. Hannah's been planning it for a few weeks and is super excited about having a party. Then comes Wednesday and I will go home.

My cohort met for lunch today at the Green Leafe Deli next to campus. We had an awful waitress, but the food is superb. I loved it because we were all there - and they wanted to get together with me one last time before I leave. I've never really had a large circle of friends, so this is all new to me. Usually I have to say good bye to everyone one at a time because my friends don't usually know each other, let alone hang out with each other. Even Tim was there. He's the only guy in our program. I love it that he hangs out with us because I could totally see him wanting to reject our group bonding experiences because he's already had a ten-year career, he's the only guy, he's married and he has a kid. But instead he comes out with all us girls and is just as curious about our lives as we are about his.

I have to admit that I'm feeling a lot of apprehension about the transition my life is about to undergo because I have a distinct level of certainty and therefore security in what I am doing now and I have a great fear of losing that. But a wise, caring Metallica fan recently told me that fearing the unknown is ridiculous and I happen to agree with him. Plus, I know that I will be replacing the certainty and security I have now with a different type and a different level of certainty and security that I'll never attain on my own. I really have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I plan on walking boldly forward with my eyes open to see everything around me, my ears ready to listen intently, and my heart prepared to grow and change with each new experience.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.