Tuesday, January 17, 2006

That class did not inspire me.

Today was the first day of class and, true to form, was anticlimactic. I only have six students in my two 101 classes and the other professors with offices in my hallway have found out. That, I think, spurred the most exciting part of my day. Annie came stomping in my office shrieking about it not being fair and saying she would gladly give up half of her 50 students to me. I've promised them all that it wasn't my fault and that there was no hexing or candle-lighting ceremonies involved in my low class size, but I don't think they necessarily believe me. I decided I wouldn't feel threatened until they started coming after me with pitchforks and lit torches, but I'm starting to think that may be just around the river bend.

I had one class today that I'm taking (as opposed to the two classes today that I taught). So far, it is as George said (the genius behind this post's title): completely non inspirational. The rest of the classes have got to be better than the first one, where I almost fell asleep (yes, I realize the bad impression that makes on a professor). One good thing about that class will be that George is in it, which means we can argue all semester about when he invented the internet.

This morning one of my profs from last semester gave me a huge compliment. I saw him in the mail room and he let me know that he requested for me to come work with him for my student teaching stuff. This guy is really good at handing out praise but doesn't do it unless you deserve it because you've worked your ass off. When he does praise, he does it very well. I contacted the office that sets up student teaching and they verified that I will indeed be working with him, so that makes me very happy.

Thanks to all the people who posted romantic gift ideas! I had no idea that some of you could be so sweet and thoughtful. I've started the article and it's going well so far, but if you come up with more ideas, lay 'em out here. I think I may post the article when it's done. I don't usually post the articles I write because they're boring articles about people I don't know, but this one is turning out to be a lot of fun!

Off to start my first homework assignment of the semester...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.