Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I can't believe it isn't noon yet.

Last night was a rough night for both Kelly and me. He has a cold right now so sleeping was frought with moments of difficult breathing that would wake him up. His difficult breathing made it difficult for me to sleep as well. When he came downstairs at 8 to try sleeping sitting up on the couch, I couldn't sleep in the bed any more either so I came down with him. We watched a movie and then finally napped some together on the couch sitting up. Because I'm already feeling the strain of stress sneaking up on me - school starts in a week from today - I had to get up and start working on something. Besides, now he's sleeping peacefully because he can breathe easier.

It always catches my attention how beautiful Kelly is when he's sleeping. He looks strong, but not stern, and ever so calm. His attentiveness to me remains; he can sleep through any noise, but when I whisper to him to roll over or to wake up, he responds appropriately. He is gentle and requires gentleness in return. It's one of those images that makes me want to create an exquisite painting on a rich canvas with delicious colors that emote true adoration and elegance.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.