Monday, January 23, 2006

Neighborly Goodness

Our neighbors came over for dinner the other night. I went out on a limb I don't frequently go out on and basically asked them to be our friends. I'm so glad they accepted; I don't think my shyness could have handled a denial. But my insecurities with friendships are another post entirely.

The point is...They came over for dinner and we all had great fun. I informed them that we decided that they should get a dog so that Radley has a neighbor to play with on lonely days when he's home alone being a latch-key dog. They informed us that they had decided that we should soon have a baby so that their newborn would have a neighborhood kid to play with so that they don't have to be his primary entertainers.

I like it that we're already to the stage in our friendship that we're deciding things for each others' lives.

However, I told them that getting a dog is easier than getting a kid and so therefore, our request trumps theirs. They laughed.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.