Monday, January 30, 2006

Sometimes I really hate Boise State.

Insurance.

If I'm covered under the school's plan it's far less expensive than if I were to be covered under Kelly's work plan. I didn't know that my student health insurance wasn't accepted anywhere under the sun except for BSU. So three months ago when I went to pick up my birth control I had to pay full price for it because my old insurance had finally died and my new insurance was worthless at the old place.

So I talked to the people at BSU and they gave me pills for the following month. To get more after that I needed to have an annual exam done. I looked into having it done at my old place, but my doctor has moved offices and is no longer practicing in Idaho, so I would have to change locations anyway. Plus, as previously mentioned, my insurance is worthless anywhere but on campus.

Going entirely through the on-campus clinic wouldn't be such a big deal to me except that every woman I've talked to who has been to that clinic has a scary story to tell. Scary annual exam stories make me anxious. That is an exam that should be done carefully and nicely without problem or cause for tears. I have yet to hear about that story from the BSU clinic.

Plus, in order to get my pills from last month on, I need an exam. However, the BSU health clinic only does same-day scheduling. That means that you can only make appointments for Monday on Monday. You can only make appointments for Tuesday on Tuesday. That means that if you call in five minutes after everyone else has called in, you're shit out of luck. Last month I was unable to secure an appointment and was lucky enough to have one prescription refill at the old place, so I just picked up another pack of birth control at full price. This month, however, I don't have that option. I either get them from the campus clinic or I don't get them. The problem is that I cannot get them unless I get an exam. I cannot get an exam because I cannot get one scheduled. Plus, I don't really want them to give me the exam because I feel like I'm entering the wolf den based on all the horror stories I've been told.

At this point, I'm just frustrated. I don't feel like I have any options. This prize of birth control is being held over me for one stupid exam and all I want is to have sex without worry of a pregnancy. But to them, the important thing is giving me that stupid exam - no exceptions. I don't have options, I can do nothing to change the situation, and I have no possible course of action other than to do what they require. It isn't fair, it isn't fun and I almost want to cry over it all out of sheer futility.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.