Saturday, November 20, 2004

Payday

I received my first actual paycheck from Trellis today. Now, I knew going into this that waiting tables would not produce large paychecks because the primary means of income for a server was in the tips. However, what I found on my paycheck still surprised me. Here's the breakdown:

38.5 hours at $2.13
and
1 hour at $5.15

After taxes, my paycheck amounted to $5.37. No, not a typo. That's just over five dollars. So for anyone who has never waited tables or known anyone who has waited tables and think that tipping isn't all that important, here ya go.

Oh, yeah, and that's for two weeks worth of work. So every two weeks, I get to look forward to an extra five bucks. Now that's just plain overwhelming!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.