Thursday, May 27, 2004

I have a home!!!

I received a phone call yesterday from a lady in the housing office at W&M. She was offering me a place to live in the graduate housing complex. Of course I accepted. Now I know that I won't have to live in my car!! This is super good news! If you care to see where I'll be, there's a link to the floor plan for my apartment on my side bar. I'll be in 312B.

I am so very excited about this transition in my life. I have been wanting this and looking forward to this for the last four years. I know that in leaving I'll be leaving a lot of people I love and making a lot of people (including myself) very sad, but I also know that this is something I need to do. This will be very good for me.

This whole sadness at moving thing is really getting to me. Yeah, I'm sad too, but I'm still thrilled to be going. Every time people express how much they don't want me to go because they'll miss me it makes it so much harder for me. Not harder to leave, but harder to tell them that I'm going anyway. I almost feel selfish with this decision sometimes because of that. I just have to keep reminding myself and others that this is a great school and a great opportunity for me and put the sadness somewhere else external where it can't touch me. Because if I let it touch me too much I'm afraid it could keep me from going.

And then, rather than being a decision that could improve the rest of my life, it would be a decision that I would regret my entire life.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.