Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Family

I've been feeling lately like I haven't been spending enough time with my family. I know I've only been school-less and job-less for a week now and I have plenty more time throughout the summer to hang out with them, but that doesn't seem to help my guity cause at all.

Particularly guilt-causing is my five-year-old sister. She doesn't do it to me on purpose, she's just five and that means that her cuteness makes me go "Awww..." by default. We've been telling her that after I graduate I'll be moving to Virginia. We failed to mention the three month waiting period in there.

She recognizes that I've graduated and now she's expecting that I'll be leaving soon. Every once in a while she'll give me something so that I won't forget her when I leave or she'll ask me questions about what is going to happen after I leave. Or she'll ask me why I have to leave. That makes me sad. That makes me very sad. It is difficult to explain to such a small person that I won't be forgetting her because I love her so much and that because I love her I will call and write and come home to visit.

It is hard to explain love. It is difficult to explain it to myself, to a little girl or to a grown man...

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.