Monday, November 21, 2005

Lani has it figured out.

The last time Kelly and I went to Portland we went to supper with his parents and neice, Lani, who's about 10- or 11-years old. The topic came up about my stint as a waitress in Williamsburg and what a miserable, horrible job I thought it was.

Lani contributed to the conversation with the infinite wisdom that childhood will bring you. "Why didn't you just become a model?" she asked, as though that was such an obvious choice that I was silly for not previously considering it.

Well, I've thought about that again recently. I think she's right. I am going to give up on all this higher education nonsense and become a model. Of course, I will have to start starving myself and brushing my teeth with Borax to get them perfectly white, but at this point I think even that is easier than grad school.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.