Tuesday, November 08, 2005

"I hate class presentations" pulls nothing up on Google

I tend to get a little stressed out when teachers expect me to present stuff creatively. Especially when I don't trust the teacher to be open to my idea of creativity, much like my theory professor on Wednesday nights. But I have to creatively present what I gained from Totto-Chan, this incredible book about a Japanese girl's education in WWII Japan at a fantastic, one-of-a-kind school. What I thought to do initially I have now deemed as being dumb. Everything I come up with I deem as being dumb. The stupid assignment is so open-ended that I just don't know what to do because everything I come up with seems dumb. Sometimes I just wish I could write a paper about the book because then I would at least know what to do without feeling dumb. But instead, I'm fretting over creating a non-dumb creative class presentation demonstrating my intimate understanding of this book, which I loved and want to recommend to everyone in the whole world, especially those going into education (it will only take you about five hours to read, so why not). Do I have people draw? Do I teach sign language? Do I dance around clucking like a chicken? (That's in jest...although the other possibilities do sound equally as stupid at this point.) I'm just so lost with this. I'm that old-school kind of student who has grown used to teachers saying "Here, read this text. We'll discuss it in class tomorrow and have a quiz on it at the end of the week." I totally disagree with that form of education and plan on reforming my future classroom to look nothing like that, but as a student it's what I'm comfortable with. When teachers throw in these crazy assignments where we get to do whatever we want is when I freak out because I just don't know what to do. It isn't even that I'm not creative - I am - I just don't know where to start with this whole creative book presentation thing. I'm so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.