Thursday, November 18, 2004

Tonight

I don't care how much Kelly laughs at me for it, but tonight was a lot of fun. He just laughs because he doesn't know any better.

Tonight, Surita and Helene came over. We drank wine and ate bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil and garlic pepper. They are both big "OC" fans. It's a TV show. I've never seen it, but whatever. Then we watched "Happy Birthday, Jessica, Love, Nick" on MTV because Surita is a huge Jessica Simpson fan. Then - and maybe it was because this was our last night of group or maybe it was the wine - we showed each other our breasts and talked about them. Because that's something that a lot of girls are self-conscious about, no matter how many men tell her they're beautiful (Because honestly, no man is going to say, "No, actually, I think your boobs are hideous. Please put your shirt back on."), and have relatively no venue to discuss that concern openly. So we discussed that tonight. Then I signed up for AOL messenger because that's what all the cool people on the east coast do, apparently, whereas all the rest of us in mountain standard time use MSN messenger. And I had a really great time with them.

They've also, as a side note, started talking about having a going-away-party for me. I love that idea. I've never really had one of those before. I've never been tight with a large group of people before in my entire life - not like I am here. I usually just have a couple of close friends or separate circles that I hang out with. Nothing like this, where everyone knows everyone else and we all - for the most part - get along. I am really going to miss this. I've always been envious of people who have had this. But alas, I will have other things. The moral of the story is that I really hope that there is some sort of a going-away-ness for me...If anything just because this is the first time in my life when I will have that opportunity...and quite possibly the last...

I mean, I've had going-away parties before, but not with all my friends present. This would be the only time that that would be at all possible.

OK, I'm repeating myself. And if I keep thinking about it, I just may end up crying a little. So I'm done.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.