Saturday, November 27, 2004

Hierarchy

A lot of servers at Trellis think that they are the most imperative cog in the machine of the restaurant. I've come to learn, however, that within the restaurant it does not matter how old you are or how educated you are. All that matters is how long you've been there and how well you know the innerworkings of the machine and how well you can work with all the other pieces of that machine. Some of the servers get upset at the dish washers when they get upset about the way we trade them our dishes. The servers don't like being berated by the dish washers, whom they view as being less important. The truth is, though, that the dish washers have all been doing their job longer than any of us have been serving and without them, we have no dishes to take to our tables. The food expediter often gets upset with us servers and treats us like shit, but the truth is that without us, the food would just stay in the kitchen. I really don't think I fit well into this machination of the food world. Seven more days until I'm out.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.