Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Dr. Day-VInes

Dr. Day-Vines is my advisor here at William & Mary. There's something about her that makes me just want to hang out with her all the time. I went into her office today to talk to her about my decision to switch programs and schools and wound up talking for quite a while about Kelly and my kids. When I gave her the news, she looked genuinely sad. She said that she was really going to miss me but that she wishes me the best and volunteered to write me a letter of recommendation and asked me to stay in touch with her. I didn't think that she would be so affected or care that much, so her response is particularly touching. I respect her and find her to be such a fascinating person...it makes me glad she likes me and cares about me that much.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.