Thursday, July 28, 2005

We Finally Have A Slogan

Kelly and I finally have a slogan prompting us to be healthy people, eat well and exercise. Here it is...We're going to go from Big Fat LOSERS to Big FAT Losers. I can see the bood headlines now. Ahhh...

See, it all started when I was laying out in the yard one sunny day. I thought to myself, "If I can lay here for an hour tanning - doing something that may eventually lead me to some random skin cancer - in an effort to do something vain for my body that I deem good, why can't I also work out for an hour? Why can't I go running later? How can I convince myself that I'm too tired to actually make myself healthy but I can easily lounge around topless in the backyard making myself appear healthy according to societal dictates of the upper-"commonly non-working"-class?" Well that prompted me to email my thoughts to Kelly in - I'm sure - what was a fairly rambling, perhaps slightly caustic manner as I called us both out on ways we could do more, just don't. In said email I labeled us "big, fat losers" because it has been a while since we've worked out and we both always say "tomorrow we're going to start working out again" but somehow, tomorrow always had another excuse.

Finally, tomorrow had come. It was only a matter of a couple days and once it came I meant serious business. There were no more excuses and there were no more tomorrows. We have become Big Fat LOSERS but shall be no more! I have a dream that one day we shall see ourselves in the mirror as fine examples of healthy people! I have a dream that we shall walk tall in the shadow of the valley of death for we know that we take care of ourselves and treat our bodies like the only bodies we'll ever have! Because they are! I have a dream! I have a dream that one day our children will play soccer with other children and they will score many points because their parents were able to keep up during family-fun practices at Ann Morrison Park! I have a dream! I have a dream that the changes we make today will take us from being Big Fat LOSERS to being Big FAT Losers! I have a dream!

Well so far the plan has worked. We're going on 10 solid days now. I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but Rome wasn't built in a day either. And the slogan really is stellar motivation for us. Well, at least it gives me something to hold on to. Sometimes I suspect Kelly is just along for the ride because he's so good at humoring me. But that's all right...It's good for him.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.