Thursday, July 14, 2005

Donate To Mandy

My good friend Mandy who lives near Denver, Colorado, is in the process of training for a marathon. She is also in the process of fundraising. How are these two related, you ask. Well, the money she raises will go to helping treat a 3-year-old girl with leukemia who also lives in the Denver area.

Mandy is raising money through Team in Training, a group funded by the Leukemia and Lymphoma society, and plans to run the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco on October 23, 2005. Mandy's goal is to raise $3,700 by that time, but she has currently only raised about $400 between working in a pharmacy, attending a pharmacology master's program and training for the marathon.

So I'm giving a little shout-out for Mandy, asking all my friends and family and in general just people who give a damn to check out her training blog (that I've linked to many times here as well as posted a link on my side bar) and give a little donation. She has information on her blog on how to donate online and where to check out Team in Training. Not only will your donation go to helping fund a little girl's treatment, but it will encourage Mandy to train harder and better for her 26-mile journey in October.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.