Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter

Yesterday was Easter at the H House. We had my family over for a big meal, egg dying and an egg hunt. I think that the whole thing went really well. Everyone seemed to have a good time and enjoy the food and the kids went nuts over scavenging for plastic eggs in our yard.

I really appreciate the ability to have family over for large meals. My whole life is punctuated by visiting different family members' homes for holiday gatherings and thinking to myself that one day that would be me in the kitchen pulling a delicious meal out of the oven for everyone to ooh and aah over and thank me for as they left my home hours later. Yesterday was one of those days for me and even though I was exhausted then and I'm exhausted still, I loved it. Maybe I won't love it so much when I've been doing it for twenty years, but I suspect that I will.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.