Friday, April 14, 2006

Blanket and Slippers

All I want to do these days is lounge around the house in my tee shirt and panties with my slippers on (that I stole from Kelly) with a blanket across my lap, reading and dozing intermittently. It isn't that I'm depressed. I think I'm just sick of doing everything else. I don't want to be on time for a class or for work. I don't want to iron my clothes (or sweetly ask Kelly to do it for me, knowing that he always does anyway) for school or plan my next meal or put stuff in my backpack. Besides, I'm starting to like the way my legs look the more time we spend at the gym and it's kind of fun to not feel compelled to hide them under pants all the time. Plus, they look great when they end at the floor in my slippers. They look great when they end in my cool new black grown-up heels, but the heels just aren't as comfy and when I wear them while lounging on the couch I'm always afraid I'm going to scratch or put a hole in the fabric. When school is over and everything is turned in, I plan to spend at least one whole day in my tee shirt and slippers, reading and dozing intermittently. I also plan to get a facial and perhaps a pedicure. Then, I will come home and take off my pants - because that's my new comfy way to be these days - and sit around smiling and feeling fresh and renewed in my skin. And Kelly will tell me that I'm so lighthearted and free-feeling whenever I come home from the spa and that perhaps I should go there every day. And this time, I will more than only slightly consider it.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.