Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My attempt at a love poem

I Love My Husband

In July, when we came home from Las Vegas,
we discovered a puddle of water in front of the kitchen sink.
He opened the cupboard
and took everything out and
declared it was a cold water leak.

I just don't know plumbing, he said.
He tried and he tried
with large wrenches
and grunting and
hitting his head
on the pipes
and the like.
Then he declared,
I fixed it -
Well, temporarily at least.
I shut off the cold water
in the kitchen,
the cause of the problem,
and I'll figure it out another time.

Three months later,
after telling family and friends
why there's no cold water
in the kitchen,
and after burning our fingers
while washing our hands
in the kitchen,
he opened the cupboard
and took everything out and
cleaned a piece
and ordered a new filter.

And twenty minutes later,
we had cold water in the kitchen
again.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.