Saturday, October 29, 2005

Game Day

Today is game day at Boise State. What that means for me is that about five hours before the game people start parking in my neighborhood, flocking past my house toward the stadium. Usually, it starts about eight hours before kickoff, but the game started at 1 p.m. today rather than 6 p.m.

Kelly and I are not going to the game today; we're going to a wedding instead. At about noon I left to get the wedding present, leaving two lawn chairs in my parking spot to garauntee having one when I returned home.

While driving about the town I became worried that someone would drive by my house and take it upon themselves to toss my chairs back onto the lawn and park in my space. In my head, I pulled up to the house and saw this monstrosity of a vehicle where my Jetta should have been. I got out of my car, yelled a little, and kicked some part of the car. Probably the tires. What I would have liked to have done is ram that car with my own, but the damage to my own vehicle wouldn't have been worth it. Then I stormed into my house and wrote the jackass driver a note on blank white paper with a red sharpie yelling at him for his wrecklessly rude behavior. Then I taped it to his windshield with masking tape.

But alas, when I returned home my chairs were just where I had left them and I had more than enough room to wiggle my Jetta in there. All was right with the world, even on the craziest of days: game day.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.