Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekend Visitors

Teddy, Denisha and Janessa, three of my siblings, stayed with me last night. I made them a dinner that they actually ate, we watched The Toy, an old movie from the 80s about a rich white kid who gets his dad to purchase a black man as a toy, we played a game and then we went to bed. This morning we lounged around for a while, ate some breakfast and then walked over to the art museum in the park. It was a long walk that kind of wore me out, but it was fun. The kids all seemed to have a good time. It's been a while since I've spent any significant amount of time with any of them. Janessa's patience with the others is growing. Denisha's language and communication skills are tremendous. And Theodore is struggling to learn new forms of affection that don't involve violence. Last night I was privy to all these things and more.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.