Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sometimes I get very mad at my dog. Like right now.

Today after school I rolled leisurely home on my bicycle, not really looking forward to coming home to an empty house (Kelly's on a three-day work trip), but still enjoying the cool afternoon and the sun warming the top of my head. I wheeled the bike around the side of the house to the gate, where I witnessed a scene that stopped me dead in my tracks.

Before I even opened the gate, I saw the mess of my beautiful 100% Peruvian wool yarn strewn across the grass. Upon entering the patio area on the other side of the gate I saw not only the wool, but a broken stitch holder. I prayed that that was the stitch holder I hadn't been using instead of the stitch holder that I had been using to hold together a piece of a baby sweater. Turned out to be the latter. In addition to the three skeins of Peruvian wool yarn, Radley had also helped himself to a skein of chunky white yarn, chunky purple yarn, and a skein of red embroidery thread. The yarn mess began in the house with the back part of the baby sweater on the front room floor, chewed. Another beginning to the yarn stemmed from its home in the living room. All portions of yarn met outside, where some of it wrapped its way around the patio, some of it meandered through the lawn, and the rest of it hung lazily around the tree.

Radley is still outside, hopefully feeling very sorry for himself. I may let him in tonight to sleep in his bed. If he's lucky.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.