Friday, September 16, 2005

I passed!

In order to be a "qualified" teacher in Idaho, you have to pass a technology assessment. Boise State offers a class to prep you for this test. I signed up for this class. On the first day we did nothing; she let us go early. On the second day we learned what the desktop and mouse were. By the second week we were all the way up to learning about recovering documents from the recycle bin. I couldn't handle it.

Last weekend I took the exam on my own, without having finished the class. I was surprised by the number of database questions, which my whiz-bang, computer and business savvy friend Kathy informed me that I would never use as a literature teacher. I thought that perhaps those questions would have prevented me from passing, but in fact they did not! I passed with a 78.31%. The awesome thing is that 1)no one will ever see my score, they'll only know that I passed and 2)now I never have to attend that technology class again!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.