Thursday, June 23, 2005

Complaints

Generally when I read other blogs, the ones I notice that have a lot of comments on them are ones dedicated primarily to complaining about something. Take, for example, this blog written by a man who refers to himself as the Humanity Critic. Tremendous blog, written mostly in the direction of a black man's concerns about the current state of hip hop, but also contains some posts about politics and dating. He's funny with a wild imagination and a clear writing voice, all coming together to create something well worth reading. However, he's a complainer. He doesn't write about things like trips to Belize or his bored dog like yours truly. But ah, his reader base is huge, as they fill his comment box with sometimes more than 40 comments. His comments section is like a chatroom within a blog. I've stumbled upon knitting blogs where knitters do nothing but complain about their current projects. Blogs where people complain about dating. About not dating. Blogs about a bad sex life - seriously, solely dedicated to a bad sex life. What do these blogs have in common? People who like to give their two cents. People providing advice, encouragement, or people just jeering on the pissed off. If I were to complain about something here in my self-created little forum I would go the more social route. Not that I never do complain - because really, who doesn't from time to time? - just that I don't make it a regular habit. I realize there's much to complain about - from fighting in the Sudan to local injustices aimed at minority groups to large corporations exploiting slave labor overseas to the traffic department installing new stop signs in my neighborhood overnight - but I just tend to write more on bland topics like my bored dog. Maybe soon I'll become politically and socially motivated like I used to be not too long ago, once again feel connected to a greater power beyond my control but completely enraptured in its presence, and spew about it here. Until then, here's a wedding picture as a teaser for a kinder, gentler blog post yet to come...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been digging as far as something that exact make. The prices as regards the sneakers were around 330 bucks on every page. But for all I base this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm really into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices for the boots are around 330 bucks on every site. But completely I found this area selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are about 180 pounds everwhere. But definitively I set this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices as regards the boots are around 320 bucks everwhere. But definitively I base this area selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.