Monday, April 25, 2005

Hundred

I have seen this on a couple different blogs; some of people I know, some of strangers. I read two this morning - one that I stumbled upon and one of a friend. Well I want to be part of the cool blogging group too. So here's my list of 100 things about me.

1. I love books. They are a weakness of mine.
2. Last May I graduated with a BA in psychology and another one in English literature.
3. I have lived in Virginia three times. I moved to Norfolk when I was three and left when I was eight. I moved to Virginia Beach when I was 10 and left when I was 12. I moved to Williamsburg when I was 22 and left when I was 23.
4. Even though I lived two hours from Mexico for two years and currently live about eight hours away from Canada, the only foreign country I've ever been to is Japan.
5. I like hot showers.
6. I love drinking chocolate soy milk.
7. My favorite art period is the Impressionist period ca. 1900 France.
8. Recently, I have been informed that I am angry more than the average person and that I have anger management problems.
9. I love breakfast foods.
10. My favorite car that I owned was a red 1996 VW Jetta GT.
11. I am the oldest of 7 kids.
12. When I was younger I wanted a baby sister and an older brother.
13. I like having my picture taken.
14. As a rule, I don't generally like beer.
15. I'm a beer snob. If I'm going to drink it, it has to be good beer - not some cheap domestic shit other people drink just to drink.
16. I don't know the differences between the conjugations and tenses of the words "lay" and "lie." That really bothers me.
17. I am in love with the most wonderful man. His name is Kelly. He does things like spends his entire lunch break cleaning out the car because he knows it will make me happy.
18. There will be a wedding in our honor in 34 days.
19. The battery on my cell phone falls off so now I have it taped on ghetto-fashion with black electrical tape.
20. Growing up, I idolized my cousin Jolie.
21. I love getting riled up about social injustices.
22. I work at a shelter for kids in crisis situations. It is difficult, emotionally stressful work.
23. Working at a homeless shelter for kids has made me realize the importance of leading a life without crime and crack and just how much can be accomplished when you love a kid. When you love your kid.
24. I like loading the dishwasher.
25. I hate unloading the dishwasher.
26. I like sweeping.
27. I hate vacuuming.
28. Vacuuming reminds me of high school when my mom's husband would freak out if I hadn't vacuumed by the time he got home from work.
29. Some of the stories the shelter kids tell me about their parents remind me of my mom's husband.
30. I'm glad my mom's husband is dead.
31. I'm glad me and my siblings never had to go to a shelter.
32. I'm still dealing with a lot of nonsense from my growing years.
33. I don't like animals as a general rule.
34. I love my puppy Radley.
35. My favorite singers are those with smart lyrics.
36. I have a weakness for teen-pop and hip hop.
37. I'm looking forward to Missy Elliott's new CD, due out on June 28.
38. At one time, I had metal in 14 piercings. Most of that has been removed and now all that remains are the puncture marks.
39. I am a free-lance writer for the Idaho Business Review.
40. I hate journalism.
41. Usually, I drink water.
42. I'm starting to like tomatoes less, the older I get.
43. I was a waitress for two months.
44. I thought waitressing was the dirtiest, most horrific job ever.
45. I make sure to buy the nice tissues with lotion in them so they feel good on my nose.
46. Boise is home.
47. I danced for 11 years. Two of those years I taught hip hop.
48. I want to teach high school English.
49. Whole milk makes me gag.
50. I love knitting and have a lot of projects on my list, but just can't seem to find the time lately to get them started.
51. I like wine.
52. I love theatre.
53. Messiness and clutter really bother me.
54. I always wanted someone to make me a bookshelf when I was growing up. Since literature and owning books are so important to me, I saw the act of someone constructing a bookshelf for me by hand as an incredibly personal and meaningful gesture.
55. Kelly made me a bookshelf for Christmas this past year.
56. I don't like holidays. I think that for the most part, holidays (especially Christmas) are American inventions designed to get people to spend money they don't have and boost our self-conscious economy.
57. I have spent a great deal of energy as an adult redefining the meaning I attribute to holidays and how they apply to me.
58. I used to want to be a school counselor.
59. I moved to Williamsburg, Virginia last year to attend a graduate program at The College of William and Mary in school counseling.
60. While in Williamsburg I discovered that I want to work in a school but that I don't want to do that as a counselor. I also discovered that I love counseling but that it's something I need to wait on for a little while.
61. This fall I will start another graduate program. This time at Boise State. This time in English teaching.
62. I learned wonderful, priceless lessons at W&M. I also made some wonderful, priceless friends.
63. I like salmon.
64. I only started liking fish at all about two years ago.
65. I like doing laundry one load at a time.
66. Doing six loads of laundry in one day is annoying to me.
67. Today, I will probably do six loads of laundry.
68. I am particular about grammar and punctuation.
69. I don't generally enjoy watching kids' movies.
70. I want my kids to be born liking movies like The Royal Tanenbaums, I (heart) Huckabees and Napoleon Dynamite.
71. I don't plan to have kids for at least another five years.
72. I have a backable fear that I may not be able to have kids.
73. If I can't have kids I don't want to spend millions on fertilization therapy. There are tons of kids in this world I could adopt.
74. I will not adopt tons of kids. Just a couple will more than suffice.
75. I've never undergone fertilization therapy, but I have been through therapy.
76. I like going to counseling.
77. I think group counseling is an amazing process.
78. I would like to join an anger management group.
79. I would like to attend couple's counseling.
80. I feel privileged to be OK with counseling. I also feel privileged to know that counseling can be just as proactive in your life as it can be healing.
81. I am incredibly introspective.
82. I believe in astrology, tarot and psychic energy.
83. I do not believe in gods of any sort or any creation.
84. I believe too many people use their belief in God or religion in general as a crutch. Or as an escape from consciously examining reality and their place in the world.
85. I prefer dark chocolate.
86. I love whipped cream from a can.
87. I have friends all over the world. Well, all over the states and in the Netherlands.
88. I love the new family I am acquiring through my union with Kelly and I feel privileged to be accepted by them.
89. I like to win.
90. I like to be a gracious winner.
91. I never want to be the parent who thinks they have the best-at-everything kid. I never want to be that short-sighted.
92. It really bothers me when people don't teach their children or their pets manners.
93. I'm teaching Radley the command "that's rude" for times when he's bothering people who don't want to be bothered. I honestly think he's picking it up.
94. The thought just entered my head that I should go back and make sure I didn't skip a number inadvertently. I probably will because I'm meticulous like that.
95. I can become severely depressed by doing something as simple and meaningless as shopping for pants.
96. I was a Girl Scout leader for two years. I miss my girls.
97. I have a close relationship with my parents. All three of them.
98. I recently discovered that I like pears.
99. I have had multiple surgeries on my mouth, half of them with a laser. I need to call my dentist this morning to schedule another one.
100. I need to go start another load of laundry and fold the last one.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.