Saturday, April 02, 2005

Here's To Grace

A couple posts ago, Grace asked about wedding details. Of course they're no secret. I'll tell you what I can think of - I just hope it's mildly interesting. If I leave anything out, just ask.

The wedding is going to be at the Boise Train Depot (I posted some photos below). It used to be an actual train depot, used for uh trains and the like, but it isn't any more. It's still an actual depot, just not used for trains and the like. Now it's primarily used for weddings. We fall into the latter category since we're not trains.

Anyway, the inside is beautiful and ornate, so we're not going to decorate at all. I had to argue with my mom and her mother who are both tulle-happy maniacs, but I think they finally see it my way. Or they've just given up. Either way, I'm happy. Plus, the depot has severe rules against tape, staples, helium balloons, pets, rice, bubbles, bird seed or anything else you think of as relatively harmless because it is a historic building and we're contracted to honor that.

On one end of the hall there are stairs, so we're using the stairs rather than an aisle. I hate the idea of having an aisle. The girls will be in plain black dresses that they've picked out to look good and be comfortable on them. The guys will be in black pants and red shirts and red ties. Kelly, black suit, red shirt, red tie. Me, white dress with a red strip along the top and the hem.The girls will all carry a single tulip and then we'll bind those together for the bouquet toss, since I'm not going to carry anything. The flowers will be simple, just lily of the valley and tulips, even though Kelly's aunts went insane in .03 seconds over the thought that we may not be able to obtain tulips in the end of May. If that's the case we'll use something else that we can get. No big deal. I don't care. They're flowers. The tablecloths and chairs will be black, the linen white. A string quartet will play for the ceremony, a DJ for the reception. A judge will marry us. We'll have a buffet-style dinner of some pork dish and some beef dish and then some stuff on the side like salad and rolls and potatoes and broccoli. Wine, beer, juice, soda. Cake is nasty, so we're having an ice cream sundae bar instead.

Hmmm...That's about all I can come up with for now. It will be a fun evening wedding, so hopefully people will stay and dance and have a good time with it all. If not, they can just leave their presents by the door and never call us again.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.