Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School Days

This morning, I helped out with school registration. Which means it's really happening: summer is ending. There's a part of me that's looking forward to getting back on a grown-up schedule with a time to get up and a time to eat and a time to go to bed, but there's also a part of me that really enjoys all the alone time, fluidity of time, and silence. I was able to see some of my old students today, which was fun, and to reconnect with some of my teacher friends from last year, but it was definitely nice afterward to come back home to my empty house and not think about it for a while. I know it's inevitable, but I really would like one, maybe two more weeks of vacation. I'm pretty sure the kids wouldn't mind if we asked them to delay some.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm realizing more and more that actual age is relative.